This is an exciting career opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to work within a collaborative, inter-professional team in a Long-Term Care setting. The position will be shared equally between St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre and the Glen-Stor-Dun Lodge. Reporting to the Director of Nursing in each home, the Nurse Practitioner will work within all areas of the scope of practice of an advanced practice nurse, in particular education, research and nursing leadership. The Nurse Practitioner will provide health assessments, diagnosis and manage the care of residents related to acute episodic and chronic conditions. In collaboration with the Medical Director and attending physicians, the Nurse Practitioner will respond to requests for consultation from nursing personnel, develop integrated strategies for illness prevention and health promotion and monitor, evaluate and document outcomes.
- Bachelor of Nursing Sciences, Masters preferred
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate in Primary Health Care
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario, Registered Nurse in the Extended Class
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages
- Minimum of five years’ experience in clinical nursing
- Preference given to candidates with experience in gerontology
- Knowledge of issues related to primary health care and long term care
- Demonstrated communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
Apply to by 28 September 2012 to:
Mrs. Bonnie Ruest, Executive Director
St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre
14 York St.
Cornwall ON K6J 5T2