*For long-term care homes located in public health unit regions in green-prevent or yellow-protect levels, general visitors must demonstrate to the home that they have tested negative for COVID-19 within the previous two weeks and verbally attest to not subsequently testing positive.
*No general visitors are permitted in long-term care homes located in public health unit regions in orange-restrict, red-control, or grey-lockdown level.
*In the event of an outbreak on a unit, indoor/general visitation will be suspended.
Indoor visitor requirements (prior to each indoor visit):
- All visits must be scheduled in advance. Drop-in visits are not permitted.
- You will need to participate in active COVID-19 screening the day of your visit at our main entrance by a Centre employee.
- You must wear a mask at all times during your visit; we request that you supply your own mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. For indoor visitation, you MUST wear a surgical/procedure mask at all times, provided by SJCCC.
- A maximum of 2 family members is permitted per visit.
- If you are feeling ill or unwell, please reschedule your visit.
- If you are bringing an item for your loved one, please drop it off at the main entrance (labelled with the resident’s/patient’s name), so that we can sanitize it and bring it to their room.
- You are encouraged to practice physical distancing for the duration of your visit; however, visitors who have passed all screening requirement, including having demonstrated a negative COVID-19 test within the last 14 days, could engage in close physical contact (i.e less than 2 metres) with a resident to support their emotional well-being and/or communication provided the visitor wears a surgical/procedure mask as source control.
- You will receive information outlining infection control tips, masking, etc.
- The health and safety of our residents and patients are of utmost importance if you do not comply with the directives outlined by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Long-Term Care the visit will be suspended.
All visits are held Monday to Friday only. Bookings are scheduled for a maximum of 30 minutes each. We ask that you book your visit only once a week to allow other families the opportunity to see their loved ones.
How to book your visit:
Complex Continuing Care (Hotel Dieu Patients): Indoor visits are scheduled 10:30 am – 12:00 pm. To book your visit, please call 613-933-6040 ext. 22370.
Long-Term Care (St. Joseph’s Villa Residents): Indoor visits are scheduled 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. To book your visit, please call 613-933-6040 ext. 21215.
*General visitors younger than 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and must follow all applicable public health measures that are in place at the home (for example, active screening, physical distancing, hand hygiene, masking for source control).