Updated as of July 16th, 2021
Absences are permitted to occur for residents at St. Joseph’s Villa in Long-Term Care. A medical mask is required as well as active screening upon return.
The following absences (reasons) are permitted for Long -Term Care residents:
- Short-Term Essential*
- Off-Site Group Excursions*
- Short Term Social (less than 24 hours)*
- Temporary (2+days/overnight)*
- Prior approval from SJCCC is required.
- Overnight absences require a PCR Test and Isolation until a negative result is obtained upon return.
*Short Term Essential, Off-Site Group Excursions, Short Term Social, and Temporary Absences are not permitted when a resident/patient is in isolation or the Home/Unit area is in a declared outbreak.
In order to properly plan, all Absences should be scheduled. For more information about Absences for residents at St. Joseph’s Villa (Long-term care) or to book, please contact Katie Payette at 613-933-6040 ext. 21143, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm.
To discuss Absences for patients at Hotel Dieu Hospital, please contact Amelie Gove at 613-933-6040 ext. 22370.