NOTICE TO PATIENTS
St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre collects, uses, discloses and retains personal health information (PHI):
- To provide you with care;
- To monitor and evaluate the quality of care we provide you;
- To administer and manage the operations of the hospital;
- To do research, educate and collect statistics;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- As part of shared Electronic Health Records programs
Access and Correction
St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre has an electronic and paper copy of your health record. You may obtain access to or request a correction of your personal health information by contacting the Health Records Department (see below).
We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal. We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance. We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.
For more information, you may contact one of the following:
Phone: 613-933-6040 ext. 21179
E-mail: [email protected]
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
416-326-3333 or 1-800-387-0073