Residents may leave SJCCC’s property for a temporary absence (one or more nights) for personal reasons. Upon return to the Centre, the resident will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
To discuss taking your loved one for a temporary absence, please contact our Resident and Family Relations Advisors at:
Long-Term Care (St. Joseph’s Villa): 613-933-6040 ext. 21215.
Complex Continuing Care: 613-933-6040 ext. 22370.
Risk Assessment Considerations
SJCCC, like all Long-Term Care homes, will review and approve all temporary absences based on a case by case risk assessment, but not limited to, the following:
- The Centre’s ability to support self-isolation for 14 days upon the resident’s return.
- Local disease transmission and activity.
- The risk associated with the planned activities that will be undertaken by the resident while out of the home.
- The resident’s ability to comply with local and provincial policies/bylaws.
- Any further direction provided by the MLTC.
If SJCCC denies a temporary absence request, the Centre will communicate this to the resident/substitute decision-maker in writing, including the rationale for this decision.